2012年11月27日星期二

Beijing: Summer Evening of Houhai Lake

Time went silently, as it always does. The more and more cold weather indicates that winter arrives earlier this year. Compared to the chilly winter, I prefer the hot summer more. In summer evening, soft breeze brings a slight coolness and softs my restless mood, making me feel comfortable. Today, when I flicked through the previous photos, I saw a series of photo taken in Houhai two months ago occasionally, which reminded me of my memory about Beijing Xian tour days.

In September, I went to Houhai with my brother. I was curious about the name “Houhai(“Hou” means “back ”in Chinese)”, so I jocked: “ Since there is a Houhai, then is there a place called ‘Qianhai(“Qian” means “Front”)’?” When I was back home, I searched the question on Baidu, the largest Chinese-language search engine, there was a word saying that: “ Standing on Yinding Bridge, the lake on your left hand is Qianhai, and the the lake on your right hand is Houhai.
Although Houhai is located in downtown area, it is never influenced by the towering buildings around. Boats are floating on the medium-sized lake, with weeping willow swaying slightly, it provides you a good place to relax yourself, while the pubs along the bank are full of noises, which reminds me of the bar street of Amsterdam. After that, my brother and I continue our Xian tour to see the Terracotta Warriors and Horses.

没有评论:

发表评论